Falken has been known to provide one of the best quality all-season tires for high performance and touring. Similar to its previous offerings in the same range, the Falken Wildpeak AT3W is no exception when it comes to performance and better riding experience. This Falken Wildpeak AT3W review will let you know about all the features that make this tire worth buying. The casing uses the same modern technology and new technique from Falkland to make it one of the best tires in its range. The tire is best suited for people who look out for touring and adventurous trips, leading to different kinds of road conditions and weather. The tire has been designed for aggressive off-road abilities and rugged terrain. The tire design has been combined with the Silica tread compound to increase the tread life and durability of the tire. It also helps the tire to make a good grip in wet, dry, mud, and snow conditions.
The casing, unlike others in the category, has been designed to travel in the severe snow surface. The tire also includes the patented Falken technology of 3D Canyon Sipes for better sidewalls, which helps in better cornering. The tire also has full-depth sipes and groves, which provides consistent wear of the treads. The tire has been designed to provide consistent performance at high speeds. Due to this, the casing also has the heat diffuser technology in the lower sidewall section that dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components. Since it does not trap heat, the tires get longer life.
Choosing your best size Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires
Features of Falken Wildpeak AT3W
This Falken Wildpeak AT3W review will list down all the features of this tire that have made it the perfect tire for off roads and snow-covered surfaces. Since the tire has been designed to provide an all-round performance, the tread design is unique and can handle normal wear and tear easily. Let’s have a look at some of the most unique and best features this tire has to offer.
- The tire comes with a secondary bead apex that acts as a heat shield for the tire, reducing the wear of the tread. Apart from that, it also protects the internal casing of the tire from heat. It also helps in increasing the handling and durability of the tires as it gets an added protection to the sidewalls. Extra sidewall protection helps in preventing wear while driving on rough patches and off roads.
- 3D canyon sipe technology by Falken has been offered in many other tires from the company. It helps to resist the wear by interlocking the shoulder and providing additional handling stability.
- The tire has an aggressive upper sidewall with offset shoulder blocks, which helps in providing more traction and grip on the surface, increasing the handling quality of the tire.
- The silica tread compound used in making this tire helps to increase the tread life of the tire, making it last longer.
- The tread design has been designed in a way so that no stones, rock, snow, or water get trapped within the blocks.
- Along with so many features, the tire also has one of the most in-depth tread designs in its category, which is excellent when you have to ride on wet or snow surfaces.
These are just a few of the features that are present in the AT3W tire. Apart from this, the tire has been made from premium quality material and can fit a lot of different sizes. The casing is perfect for long drives on any surface.
What are the Pros and Cons
The tire is excellent for use on different kinds of vehicles and mostly has positive reviews from its owners. However, there is a thing or two that one would like the tire to improve on, making it the perfect off-road and on-road tire. Let’s have a look at some of its pros and cons.
- The tire has been designed to work on all kinds of surfaces such as off roads, highways, dirt, mud, wet, and snow. The best part about this all-season tire is that it can provide equal grip on a dry surface as in a snow-covered surface. The tire is also marked with Rubber Manufacturers Association for the Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake, which makes it one of the best tires on the snow surface.
- Unlike other, all-weather and terrain tires, where the grip on snow surface is less, this tire provides superior grip and traction on snow, and the tread design digs deep to increase the surface contact with the tire. It leads to more stability and balanced driving experience.
- When it comes to durability, these tires provide an extended tread life and better steering control to the vehicle. The tread design has been designed to prevent any stones and other foreign material from getting stuck in the tire. Since the tire has a heat shield, running at higher speed does not increase the wear of the treads due to heat.
- The most common problem that has been faced by many customers and owners of this tire is the noise that it makes, especially while running on the highway. As per the customers, the tire makes a lot of noise when being driven at high speeds. It is not much, but the sound is noticeable.
You can see more info Falken Wildpeak AT3W this video:
In this Falken Wildpeak AT3W review, we saw that the tire has almost all the essential features that an all-terrain tire should have. Better tread design, superior build quality, high performance, and use of the latest and patented technology of Falken makes it the best choice in its category. The tire is available in 22 different dimensions for different cars. The tire also comes with a 55,000-mile limited manufacturer tread life warranty. If you are looking for a premium quality tire that can be taken to any roads and weather without thinking twice, then this is the tire made for your car.
LIST OF FALKEN TIRE REVIEWS