If I just say to choose the best rock crawling tires maybe you don’t know about them. You may ask me first tell me what rock crawling is. The rock crawling is a kind of off-road driving but to an extreme level. You drive through hurdles or obstacles, usually rocks. You can do rock crawling through four-wheel-drive vehicles like jeep, buggies, and trucks, etc. These vehicles are considered as perfect for rock crawling.
One thing you must understand that driving on rocks or mountains requires high-level driving capabilities. It also needs some essential features in your vehicle. The tires are one of them. You have to install the rock crawling tire for smooth driving on such a harsh surface. If you drive with regular tires, they can’t bear the roughness of the terrain and will wear out within very less time.
Top 5 best rock crawling tires
There are a lot of varieties of rock-crawling tires available in the market that can confuse you. We are here to help you to select the best rock-crawling tire for your vehicle among these top 5 incredible tires.
1# Hobbysoul 4pcs RC Rock Crawler 2.2 Mud Slingers Tires
Hobbysoul 4psc rock crawler consists of aluminum bead lock wheels and butyl rubber. This rubber performs well than standard rubber. It can bear the roughness of every weather due to its cold and heat resistant ability. Due to these features, these tires are also suitable for professional rock crawling.
The outer diameter of this tire is 124mm (4.88 inches) while the inner diameter is 56mm (2.2 inches). It is 49.1mm (i.93inch) wide.
Tires having foam
Hobbysoul 4pcs RC Rock Crawler 2.2 Mud Slingers Tires have foam inserted in it that makes the tires high-quality and ideal for the rock crawling even its professional. Due to this foam, the tires are great for every terrain.
The weight of this tire is 255g per piece. One-piece doesn’t mean only the tire is included. It contains a piece bead lock wheel and one-piece tire having foam.
The hex is 12mm with a depth of 20mm (0.79inches).
These things are included in the package
- four pieces of tires with foam
- 2 inches bead lock wheels.
Pros of Hobbysoul 4pcs RC Rock Crawler 2.2 Mud Slingers Tires
- These are durable tires due to butyl rubber which is considered as the best than ordinary rubber.
- These tires are recommended as the rock crawling tire because of its excellent performance, solid material, and long-lasting feature.
- These are specially designed for professional rock crawler vehicles so that you don’t face any problem during your adventure.
- It is small than your thinking, but it’s not a drawback because it is perfect for many rock crawling vehicles like jeep, trucks, etc.
- These are the ideal tires for mild or medium-level rock crawling.
- Hobbysoul 4pcs RC Rock Crawler 2.2 Mud Slingers Tires look very lovely and comfortable and don’t make your vehicle a giant. These have the most adequate and firm grip on the surface than many other tires.
- Its tread pattern is just awesome. You will surely love it.
- These are pretty reasonable for off-road driving.
Cons of Hobbysoul 4pcs RC Rock Crawler 2.2 Mud Slingers Tires
As nothing is perfect in this world, so these tires are no exception.
- These are a bit costly than most of the tires of this caliber.
- Bead lock rub the hub that’s why the front tire can’t rotate conveniently.
2# 4PCS 1.9″ Rubber Tire/Wheel Tires for 1:10 RC Rock Crawler
Size of tires
As you know, there are two basic sizes of rock crawling tires, 2.2 and 1.9 inches. These tires are of 1.9 inches.
These tires come with foam which plays a crucial role in the perfect grip of a tire even on dirt and mud.
When it comes to the diameter of these tire so
- Its outer diameter is 108mm.
- Its inner diameter is 48mm.
- The width of this tire is 40mm.
The single tire weighs 77g.
If we talk about the material used for its construction, is soft rubber which is better from standard rubber. It has the ability of fantastic performance and durability as well as it is highly resistant.
It comes in black color, which gives a shine to it.
The package includes 4 RC car wheel tires with 12mm hex each.
Pros of 4PCS 1.9″ Rubber Tire/Wheel Tires
- These are highly cold and heat resistant as well as wear-resistant too.
- Due to its incredible resistance to any weather or terrain, you have to rely on its durability.
- It is a perfect fit of 1.9 rock crawling car wheels.
- Due to its ample tread, it is suitable for dirt and mud as well as rocky terrain.
- It has a firm and robust grip due to the presence of soft rubber.
- As there is foam in 4PCS 1.9″ Rubber Tire/Wheel Tires so you can get a permanent performance at any surface.
Cons of 4PCS 1.9″ Rubber Tire/Wheel Tires
- These are 1.9 tires which can’t be converted into 2.2 tires.
- These are over-priced tires.
3# Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020C tires
The soft rubber is used in the manufacturing of Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020C tires so that you can get perfect traction on every surface even at the rough terrain like rocks.
Real bead lock wheels
The wheels of the tires are considered as the genuine bead lock wheels without any glue. The purpose behind this is to make the tire or wheel changing procedure convenient for you.
Its wheel rim is solid and upgraded which is essential to provide durability to the tire.
- The wheel rim diameter is 52mm
- The wheel rim width is 27mm.
The outer diameter of the tire is 110mm while the width of it is 42mm.
The product weighs 100g per piece and the total quantity is four pieces.
The typical color of these tire is black. You can also see the green color in it but rarely.
Pros of Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020C tires
This product has a lot of benefits that are so vulnerable for racers and rock crawlers.
- Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020C tires look very impressive and stylish.
- These are the broader tires that are the main reason to enhance wheel stability.
- These tires are long-lasting due to the upgrading of the wheel rim.
- During rock crawling or racing, you don’t have much time for changing the tires or wheels. The company has taken advantage of this and introduced the right bead lock wheels so that you can conveniently adjust the wheels or tires within less time.
- The tires provide you with excellent traction on mud, dirt, or even rocks due to the presence of large lugs.
- The tires’ soft material makes them perfect for grip on every surface.
- You can use it in 1/10 RC D90 SCX10 AXIAL TF2 Rock Crawler.
- The product is neither too expensive nor so cheap.
Cons of Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020C tires
- These are 1.9 tires and smaller than 2.2 tires.
4# Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 1.9 Inch 110mm 1/10 Rock Crawler Tires
If you are a racer, then you will be interested in this product because Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 tire is one of the rock-crawling tire. So, you must purchase and install these to your vehicles and enjoy a beautiful rock crawling ride.
Like many other rock crawling tires, these tire also made up of soft compounds (rubber). The use of the soft rubber gives your vehicle the perfect traction for every terrain.
When it comes to diameter, this tire has an outer diameter of 110mm, inner diameter 48mm while the width of the tire is 42mm.
The weight of the tire is 73gm/piece.
The package includes four pieces of 1.9-inch tires.
Pros of Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 tires
- It is superb quality tires that give excellent performance either it is a straight road or a muddy or rocky surface.
- It is designed with a great style that looks attractive.
- Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 tire is wider that is superb to stable the wheels.
- The soft rubber material positively affects its grip on the road or terrain of every type.
- Due to deep lugs, at the time of racing or rock crawling, you can feel its traction on even rough or muddy surfaces yourself. It is like a dream comes true for a racer or rock crawler because, on this type of surface, the first thing you want for your tires is their grip on the surface beneath them. Another thing that plays a vital role in the traction of these rock crawling tire is the deep lugs. These provide the extraordinary grip on the muddy and rocky surface,
- It can fit into every vehicle having a wheel of 1.9 inches.
- It is perfect for 1/10 RC D90 SCX10 AXIAL RC4WD TF2 Rock Crawler.
- It is available in the market easily.
- Almost everyone can afford it because it is at a very reasonable price. If you talk about the performance, then it is way better as compared to its price.
Cons of Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 tires
There are a lot of advantages to these rock crawling tire, but it doesn’t mean that these are perfect without any issue.
- It is smaller than 2.2 inches tires.
- Some 1.9 tires can convert into 2.2 inches tires, but Goolsky 4Pcs AUSTAR AX-4020 tires have not this feature.
5# 4PCS 4.7 Inch Outer Diameter RC Crawler Tires
The soft rubber material is used in its construction that is fantastic to provide grip on any ground.
Tires with foam
These tires have a foam insertion in it due to which these are highly-resistant for every situation.
Its unique quality is the extra-large outer diameter that is 120 mm or 4.72 inches. Its inner diameter is 52mm/2.05inches while the width is 43mm/1.69inch.
4PCS 4.7 Inch Outer Diameter RC Crawler Tires weighs 472g.
Pros of 4PCS 4.7 Inch Outer Diameter RC Crawler Tires
- It is beautifully designed.
- The tires are the weather as well as wear-resistant due to foam in it.
- It is suitable for every terrain like mud, dirt, and rocks, etc.
- 4PCS 4.7 Inch Outer Diameter RC Crawler Tires have a firm grip on the road because of its manufacturing material that is soft rubber. It gives a better grip than regular rubber. This feature makes these tire favorite of every rock crawler and racers.
- Another incredible feature of these rock crawling tires is to provide stability due to its wider diameter.
- You can easily find it in the market.
- The product comes with a 3-years warranty.
- It works well on the muddy surface too.
- Its design is super cool.
- It is not so heavy to manage.
- If we talk about the durable and rock crawling tire, then it must be included in our list.
- Its price is affordable.
Cons of 4PCS 4.7 Inch Outer Diameter RC Crawler Tires
- These tires are smaller than 2.2-inch tires.
- You can feel an ashy odor from them.
See More Article: Best all-season tire for Subaru Forester
There is everything about these top 5 best rock crawling tires which can help you to choose the perfect one for your vehicle among these. I am sure that if you are a racer or an adventurer, this article is a treasure for you.